Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Submissions to the Student Art Show this year















This one isn't very large, but I liked the abstract quality and the depth I was able to get while still using lots and lots of color. When I matted it and framed it, I was pretty happy with it.

I saw a lot of the entries, and they were very good, so I don't have a great deal of hope that mine will be accepted, but I feel good about entering. I love seeing all the diverse pieces that everyone has done, we have so many talented students at school that you never know what you may see.

I submitted two more that I don't have pictures of yet, one was finished at the very last minute, but it was interesting so I managed to mat and frame it up, and it's there to be counted! Four pieces was the maximum you could submit this year.

This one was really hard to mat, I ended up centering it in a longer frame, which worked out pretty well.








B*B, Ysabeau









3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Really hard to pick which one I like best - cos I like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gods, You said it Deirdre! They are both glorious. they both evoke the feeling of Sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovelovelove your work! OMG! You have a special, bright spirit that just jumps onto the paper!

    don't you dare stop painting!!

    hugs n love

    Kirsty/moonsinger

    ReplyDelete