Saturday, June 23, 2007

Brea Art Association


I recently joined the Brea Art Association and attended my first meeting. I may be helping them with some work on the newsletter and I put up a blog for them, just basic with some information. It's definitely a work in progress, not done yet, but better than the absolutely nothing they had before on the web. There are some very talented people there, wonderful artwork, but just not that many are comfortable with computers, like they are with their other mediums. The group has been around for quite a while, but right now is quite small due to the natural cycles that groups go through. Anyhow, they now have a blog! Maybe some of the members will want to get together and paint outdoors, which sounds like such a lot of fun to me.


B*B,


Ysabeau

4 comments:

  1. I love the composition of that photo, it would make a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:37 AM

    Doesn't it feel great to share your knowledge! I went to the new blog and it looks like it will be a great way for people to stay in touch between meetings - I love the Orange!

    So it looks like your have brought others to the Dark Side! GOOD FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been by your site for awhile, just wanted to let you know that I've missed seeing you "around". I love the seagull, reminds me of many a relaxing evening just sitting on the dock and watching the birds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to hear that the Brea Art Association is still going! My mom, Kay King, founded it back in the late sixties or early seventies (can't remember exactly but I think I was eleven years old). We moved from Brea in 1983. Thanks for posting about it :)

    ReplyDelete