Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life Painting class in Oils

I've been struggling with oils all term, and this is everything I've done so far. I see myself progressing, but each assignment has been a struggle, getting the desired textures, using only the colors allowed by the teacher for each assignment, painting myself without avoiding looking clearly at myself... these assignments have been really tough. The Spring break is over and Friday we start doing some new exercises. I need to remember that it is ok if I'm not happy with the limitations, because this is a learning experience, not about creativity. B*B, Ysabeau







2 comments:

  1. It is really fascinating to see them all gathered like that, and I can still see your magic there, but I look forward to your next phase too :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the paintings!! I really like this monochromatic work...there's something really fascinating about it. I love all of your work, but some of these portraits were truly STUNNING. I liked your self portraits..WOW, you made your eyes come ALIVE to show the soul inside.
    -Marietta

    ReplyDelete