Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Painting and Focus


So many of our early Spring days are beautiful, and my hollyhocks are already five feet tall and blooming, so why aren't I painting outside, even with new music speakers?
I have a whole room for a studio, so why haven't I been painting there, even with my new DVD player?
I have been sewing a little on a quilt, I have been beading a little bit, and I have been going to my classes, but I'm still working on my first oil painting, and I've been making progress, but I'm feeling pretty impatient.
Typical of me, I'm afraid. I'm in a hurry to learn, then I'm in a hurry to do "it", then I'm in a hurry to do it "well". Very Silly and not very productive, I know. It is a process, and I need to Focus and let it happen as slowly as necessary. Take a deep breath. One step at a time. Relax.
B*B,
Ysabeau

No comments:

Post a Comment