Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just thinking

My friend Judi suggested that I need to be helping other people, which will help me, in theory. I wonder if by pursuing my creativity, that might be enough? I've been trying to be as real and honest as possible with my artistic endeavors, and have as much fun as possible while doing it. I've also been making playful, interesting, and thoughtful things to wear or use, and in a way I hope people will get a smile or a good feeling from them.

I just don't feel like going out and trying to find a niche where I can help other people with their lives and their choices. I have tools I've developed, learned, or adapted, sure. I don't know if what works for me, is really what will work for everybody else. I have a relatively low amount of energy, and a chronic pain level, and I think it would be extremely easy to get in over my head and make myself really miserable. I'm also really unsure that I know as much about their lives and choices as they do, and I think that people have to respect their own selves.

Maybe if I can just manage to heal my own life, that is the main thing that I am supposed to do right now.

B*B,

Ysabeau

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:08 AM

    That painting is beautiful! I think donating some of your work to help others like you have been doing is an excellent way to help other people. -susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you already do adds to so many lives. It needn't be a big pebble to hit a lot of shoreline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Sometimes the best help you can be to another is to simply be yourself. To be a good example. It is amazing how often we do things and are observed by people who take a deeper look and then make changes in their own lives. Or, while standing up for yourself and making a difference, you do help others. You are a beautiful artist and I cherish the watercolours I have from you.

    Rhy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:51 PM

    That is the most gorgeous painting! Maybe I like your paintings like this one so much, because they are such an authentic mix, at times, of dark, pain, and loneliness with joy, light breaking through, and beauty. You have such gift.

    I tend to find that SOME helping of others by being generous (with time, emotional support, or gifts of a homemade or bought sort) really DOES help me. But there is a point (which I discover in hindsight each time), where I get diminishing returns... the other person doesn't need it as much, and I do too much and use up spoons and then am exhausted by the generosity. I'm am trying to be better about being generous in the right places, to the right people, since I can't do ALL the generous things I want! Not enough spoons you know... :) I think if you can find that point, and stay on the benefit side of it, and spend the rest of your life on yourself, then THAT is healing.

    -Marietta

    ReplyDelete