Thursday, July 20, 2006

New dolly for my art supplies!


I found this at Art Supply Warehouse on sale for about half price!!!(of course, I ordered the purple, didn't like the green, my usual color choice) so I'll have something really practical for hauling my art supplies to school, for my classes next month. The dolly I used last year was much less practical, and is pretty worn out, too, so I was delighted to find this one. I ordered it and it will be on its way soon.

Since I'm taking (oil and acrylic) beginning painting, as well as continuing my watercolor class, it is really nice that this will hold the heavier supplies and liquid solvent and mediums I'll need, then I can just use them right from the organizer. I won't have to pull everything out, if it turns out I don't need it all that day. I can strap my paper or canvases to the handles, and I can also have a "set" of oil, and a "set" of acrylics, and just drop in the container I intend to use that day. I'll get a locker, but I know it won't all fit in there, and I'll probably use that for the watercolor supplies and extra paper and canvases.

I think it's going to be a great way to make the painting classes more accessable, since parking is going to be a real bear (with construction expected for at least two years taking up over half the adjacent parking). I have limited ability to lift and drag my equipment and may have to transport it quite a distance some of the time, and I've been concerned about it. Woo hoo! Ysabeau

1 comment:

  1. Oohhh its beautifuL!!!!!!

    My fingers itch to embellish it with fabric paint (all gold and shimmer) and beads, and and and,..
    But I'm odd that way. Poor Oscar. He never wanted an ebellished house.

    ReplyDelete