Sunday, August 06, 2006

J is for...


Jazz music is great to listen to especially live. I've done a little singing in that genre, and had a great time with it, but prefer the vocal type of Jazz (and Blues) as a rule. From Ella to Billie, Al Jarreau, Joe Williams, Etta James, Willie Nelson (yes, he's done Jazz and Blues... and Reggae!) it's gooood stuff.

Jasper is a stone that comes in many colors and shines up beautifully. I love to work with it because it is inexpensive for the lovely quality you can get, and it is so durable, as well as being so colorful to make designs with

Jets, (Benny and the) was a hit song when I was in college, along with Rocket Man and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and I'd hear it played over and over while I studied in the Student Union (at University of Oregon)

Janette is the name of my next younger sister who is about 9 years younger than I am. My, she was a bald little baby, but she has glorious blonde hair now. She grew up to be an artist, a writer, and an English teacher in an inner city school... why would anyone have five Masters degrees?

the court Jester - Danny Kaye plays a wonderfully silly role, it's one of my very favorite movies to watch, it always cheers me up when I worry too much or lose my sense of the ridiculous. I like all the Danny Kaye movies, but this one is hard to beat, with costumes from all over history, and the Pellet with the Poison is in the Chalice from the Palace.

Jingle Bells is Not my favorite Yuletide song, but it can get stuck in my mind because you just can't avoid hearing it, and then you can't get rid of it!

Joy - I love to use symbols for joy in my home, rainbows from crystals, hummingbird feeders to attract the flying jewels along with flowers that they like, which happily come in joyful colors and scents that I can enjoy, too.

Journey - every day - one foot in front of the other on a path towards the future. "The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began..."JRRTolkein

Junk can be treasure, it just depends on your viewpoint, and what you end up doing with it. A little paint, a little sandpaper, and Voila! ready to use once again

Juror - I love the movie "12 Angry Men", and I think it should be REQUIRED viewing in our schools because it teaches a lot about jumping to conclusions and human errors

Judge - "...I'll be Judge, I'll be Jury, said cunning old Fury, I'll try the whole case and condemn him to death..." L. Carrol - So important not to judge too quickly or too harshly, yourself or others, because it's often not your best choice

Jenga is a fascinating game of balance and steadiness of hand and mind

Jasmine grows as a perennial in this climate, and I have some star jasmine vines as ground cover, and trained up on supports so you can really see the white star shaped flowers with their rich scent on warm evenings. It's really tough, but looks delicate.

Jewelry design has been a semipro/hobby of mine for over twenty years, now, and while I was very burnt out for a while after producing large quantities of one-of-a-kind designs for several "one woman art shows" of my designs, which seemed to involve repairing everyone's broken jewelry as well, I'm enjoying it again as long as I don't fall into the trap of trying to do too much at once, or letting someone tell me what to design.

Jealousy is something I've seen destroy people. There's all kinds of jealousy, but whatever the cause it's like an acid, destroying friendships, relationships, and setting barriers between people for no good reason.

Justice is important in daily life, being fair to oneself and others, but Not Revenge! Justice.

Jerusalem has been desired by many people, and caused wars to be fought over it for religious beliefs, with crusades, deaths, and ruin. Maybe it could be set up as an area that NObody owns, and the wars could cease, like an International Park/site? I don't know, just seems like there should be some compromise that would work and stop all the nonsense.

Jar - a good tool that I've used in the past is a "fun jar", with outings and fun projects written on pieces of paper, and then you draw one to do when you have a free day! Great for motivating groups, kids, and adults who can't decide what to do first.

I think that's all the "J"s I need... B*B, Ysabeau

No comments:

Post a Comment