Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Southern California Springtime



I love this time of year, the weather is wonderful, flowers are everywhere, and my local hummingbirds show thier young ones how to eat from the feeders and where the best flowers can be found, and I get to watch!
My hollyhocks are very happy this year, and I want to paint them.
In fact, I'm enjoying painting everything, in oils, watercolors and acrylics, figuring out what works for me in each medium and playing with color and texture. Today in class I worked on a middle stage on a picture involving a collapsed Roman bridge being rebuilt by a community of diverse people. Of course, it needs lots of work still. I also started a smaller picture that will probably end up as a sunset over water, but it's at a very early stage. Happy Springtime, everyone! B*B, Ysabeau

2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your flowers :-}
    I love hollyhocks but mine are a looong way from blooming. Thanks for showing me my Hollyhocks' Grandma :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    wow, those are really pretty! Can't wait 'til i can get home and see them myself. -susie

    ReplyDelete