Sunday, August 06, 2006

Progress not Perfection

I have a long list of things I want to get done, and a short list of energy, and physical strength to do it with. The frustration is that I know how to do a task, my mind is ready and willing to do it, but my body just can't keep up right now. I'm not sure if it ever really kept up, but I'm much more aware of it than I used to be. I try to break tasks down so I can do them a little bit at a time. I try to be patient with myself, but patience is not, and has never been, easy for me. I also have trouble being organized, and tend to get sidetracked, or do too much and hurt myself.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I am trying to learn the same skills. It is hard, maybe one of the hardest things I;ve ever done. It came down to valueing myself more than what I thought I shoudl accomplish. THe house is far from the way I would wish it to be, the garden I;ve given up as a lost cause, and I no llonger push myself to do what others expect of me. But I now HAVE the energy and pain-free time for the truly essential things, and have learned that if I am judicious andd clever, I can accomplish many of my tasks in a seated position, using one of those 'grabber' things. A stool with wheels is a great kitchen aid, too.
    Rest rules! With rest, you can do more than if you push yourself past the point of no return for that day.
    Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete