Sunday, September 10, 2006

M is for


Moon rises in the East, I can see it from my bedroom window, and I open the curtains and let the light come in through the crystals in the window and cast moon rainbows on the walls and bed and people...
Miracles happen every single day, but we tend to take them for granted
Maybe, If, Perhaps, Almost... all those "in between" words, that sort of end up keeping situations in limbo and unresolved
Mince herbs into food and skip most of the salt, and people will wonder why their food suddenly tastes so wonderful! I grow my own herbs, mostly in pots, and tuck a sprig of fresh rosemary in roasting chicken, or French tarragon minced into eggs, fresh marjoram in chicken soup... and the aroma adds a whole new dimension to the food.
Mink is a beautiful color, but I don't want to rip the fur off the beasties and wear it, that's a turnoff and not practical. If I'm not going to use the whole animal, I'd never kill it for the skin, and minks aren't on my menu.
Murky motives behind recent politics have me avoiding the inflammatory propaganda that passes for the news
Millions of grains of sand on the beach, I love the crunchy/soft feel of it on my feet, but I don't like some of the places it tends to gather later
Munchkins are strange little people, when I saw the Wizard of Oz the first time, I thought they were scarier than the witch!
Metaphysical teachers can't agree with each other any more than art teachers, I guess it's usually a "YMMV" situation, and use what works for you
Metabolism - what's that?
Mehta practice is a wonderful exercise in seeing yourself as part of a larger picture in the world
More is not always better, even if it's quilt fabric or art supplies!
Minty fresh - that's better than dragon breath
Mule skinner's blues
Misty - sung by Carmen McCrae - is a golden classic
Mother should be a nurturing connotation, but that's not always so
Marciano Martinez is my wonderful Watercolor art teacher at school. A good teacher and a good friend, I'm learning a lot and enjoying it.

That's most of the M's for me, of course, I'll think of more later, but oh, well!
B*B, Ysabeau

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Moon rainbows from crystals are an awesome sight. I have them in my craftroom and enjoy them so much. Glad you have that too. BlueeTopaz

    ReplyDelete