Friday, May 05, 2006

D is for...


Desert, amazing colors, plants, and animals
Dessert, mostly chocolate when available
Daring, trying something new and challenging, something you aren't sure you can do
Doggie, Quan Yin is my rat terrier
Dandelion, my lawn is a little haven for them
Darling, Willie is my Darling
Dreams, happy creative ones, and nightmares, all healing in their way
Drain, everything I do seems to be more of a drain than I expect it to be
Dance, I like to square dance, but haven't done it in years, and I love belly dancing, especially the Turkish and Indian style music to dance to
Dirt, nothing like playing in the dirt and planting seeds and plant starts for real mental health
Dye, fabric dye is fun stuff, especially if I twist and tie and fold the fabric first
Dogwood, there's just something about the way the blossoms look that I like, and I associate them with my Grandma Rachel who loved them
Dragon, I like the Wisdom connotation, anyone else read "Tea with the Black Dragon"? one of my favorites ever
Dentists, one of my very few phobias
Dress-up, I really still love to play dress up, but don't get many chances any more, it was my favorite part of the SCA, to be really honest, especially the ornamentation and anything with lots of veils and floaty bits... but I did make myself a purple crocheted artist's beret to go with my hand dyed purple scarf from a friend, and I wear them!
Doormat, what I'm NOT any more
B*B, Ysabeau

2 comments:

  1. That is one GORGEOUS photograph. The one of the rainbow in the next post is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.terragalleria.com

    Is a wonderful, marvelous photography site, and both of the photos you complimented came from that site, you can see their logo if you look close at the photos.

    I usually use my own photos, but when I don't have anything right for what I want to say, they have such beautiful nature photos! One feature of their site is photos of all (!!!) of the National Parks, and the photographer used to do climbing so there are lots of photos from places I can't physically ever get to. Wow! Check it out! B*B, Ysabeau

    ReplyDelete