Saturday, May 27, 2006

Oil Painting - Butterfly box... READY!!!

Several of my friends all sent me the advertisements on a "butterfly" painting box, and I looked at it, and drooled, then the Art Supply Warehouse sent me an ad for it, at $29., and I just caved in and bought it to put my new oil paints in. The brush racks will be perfect for the oil painting brushes I've been acquiring, and then I don't have to search all over for my stuff, but can be all organized to start with. Just set the box down, open the wings, flip up the brushes, and you are ready to go!

I've been reading up on oil painting, and watching a few painting demos, and I think I'm going to like it, although it is the opposite end of the painting spectrum from my beloved watercolors. I think I'll transition to acrylics, then into oils, then it's just a matter of lots of practice. Each one is so different in how you do it technically, but color is color, I hope.

B*B,

Ysabeau

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE oil painting.. The colors are so rich and complex, I even love the scents involved. Acrylics are fun, but Oils.. there's just something luxurious about the feeling as you're stroking the oil-saturated pigment over the virgin canvas...

    ReplyDelete