Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Access brainstorming

I've been taking a highly rewarding watercolor class at the local community college, and this term has been challenging because the teacher that uses the room previously, I'm not sure how much earlier her class ends... does not make the effort to get the classroom straightened up before she leaves.

This results in the "accessible" desk and chair for me, with the lovely signs on them, being crammed together in the back of the room along with anything else they want out of their way, including heavy cast iron easels, extra seating, spotlights... even loose trash, papers, pencil shavings, all over the place.

I have been asking for, and getting, help from my fellow students, or the kind teacher if he is around, but I have asked him to talk to the other teacher. He didn't do it. He "forgot", and finally last week I went to the art office and told the secretary there to tell that teacher. She did confirm that the teachers have a class at the beginning of the year telling them what they are supposed to do. I still don't think anyone has talked to this teacher, and my teacher came and told me honestly that he "forgot" to do it, and it's really too late now (today was the last class) to bother.

Results: This teacher will be continuing as usual, her students will not become more sensitive and responsible, and whoever comes to her classroom after her next term, will have the same problems, if they have physical challenges... including me, of course, since I'm continuing that class, in theory.

hmm. What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment