Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve in So. Cal.


This is just down the street, taken the other day when I was out painting in watercolor. This is really a beautiful climate, no matter how much I complain in the hottest parts of the year. I wouldn't mind more rain, or more cool days, but we just don't have blizzards, or ice storms, just heat and winds, but you CAN go to the beach, or probably find some air conditioned refuge. There is no refuge from an ice storm, if you have to go get supplies or run an errand.
I don't dream of a white Yule, not for more than a visit, I'm already in a paradise, with roses in my yard, Right NOW, in December, and plumeria still blooming a bit in front, they make leis out of them in Hawaii, and my herbs grow all year around. I could use a little more rain, but I'll settle for gorgeous Southern California!

1 comment:

  1. me too!!
    Of course, it makes knitting for you more of a challenge :-}

    ReplyDelete