Saturday, December 27, 2008

I'm Very Happy about my Sewing Machine!

I got a new, gorgeous, fun fun fun Janome Memory Craft 9500 for Yule! I got a lot of other fun and great stuff, because I am spoiled, but I'm so happy about the sewing machine!!!

My old beloved Janome Memory Craft 4000 that I got in 1998 had many, many sewing and quilting miles on it, and has been leaking oil, squeeking because things are worn, badly worn, and has even been overheating and threatening to freeze up and never go again. I've had to turn it off to cool very often, and oil it/clean it thoroughly every sewing hour. I am not complaining, it has made many curtains, gifts, quilts and clothing items... but it is definitely ill. I am going to take it down for an evaluation to see if it is worth keeping as a backup, with a bit of repair... maybe, and maybe not.

In the meanwhile, all the special attachments I have for my old machine, fit and work on the new one. I have some familiarity with how it works, PLUS the new one has computer capability of some sort (still learning) and does some fancy embroidery, if I can learn how... ok, WHEN I learn how. Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Woohooo!! How wonderful to have good tools! I bet you make magic with the machine, and your new lovely paints :-}
    I can hardly wait to see what flies from your fingers and hear tnext!

    ReplyDelete