Saturday, December 13, 2008

OLLI at Calstate Fullerton

It looks like this older adults program is tailor-made for me! It starts back up after January 17th, and I'm planning on going by and checking out location, parking, accessibility issues before then. I talked to their office, and classes I'm interested in will let me audit them for sure, space allowing.

I'll be able to work with a variety of University level art professors, take some other interesting classes at my mental level, as well as participating in the program classes I'm interested in doing, like joining the knitting/crafts circle for hanging out and getting a few projects done, the Watercolor Workshop on Wednesday mornings, and maybe some drawing or working on my Spanish, which would be helpful.

When Will retires, there are things he'll like, you get full access to the P.E. equipment, pools and stuff, there are philosophy and religious studies majors he would want to audit, as well as a lively and active computer school including opportunities to teach at the older adults program if he wants to.

You even get parking passes and full student status - access to the huge library, discounts on plays and shows, I'm so there! My only concern is getting around the huge campus, but the OLLI program is in a special building on the edge of campus, and as I get familiar, I can work it out... there may even be some transport available... sure wish I could still bicycle, that would be ideal!

They are sending me all the information they have so I can make plans in advance, and overcome some of the difficulties by anticipating them. I really can't wait to try it out!

1 comment:

  1. That is fabulous!
    The Olli program near us in Ann Arbor mostly seems to be lecture series. Bit that might be cool too.
    Oscar reminded me that when I get my wheelchair (if it comes, dang, I've been waiting 6 months!) I will ened to feel out hwo much I can do before committing.

    ReplyDelete