Thursday, April 20, 2006

Overcoming Trepidation


I have the opportunity to enter the annual Student Art Show at my college, and I've been encouraged to try by my professor, as well as fellow students... but my block is that it is a "juried" show. So, the ones they don't accept won't be in the show. It is only $3. per item to enter, and I have that... but I don't have anything matted and framed the way they want. Time to enter is "by" this Saturday, starting today. I tried to get my dh to say it wasn't a good idea, last night, but before I could get it all said, he was saying Yes, enter! Go buy matting or whatever you need! oh, great, no excuses there.

So I'm venting my total fear here, and I'm going to go find something that I can cram into a frame, and take that to class with me today. Wish me luck.

B*B,

Ysabeau

3 comments:

  1. Go for it!!! Your art is AMAZING.... varied styles, fresh & original! You already have been juried in... by your teacher & classmates. So don't worry about going through it again! Best wishes for courage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your piece shown in the post? If so, wow girl, you are way more talented then I realized! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! Your work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete